Announcements are a great way to keep your members engaged in the community. You’ll find Announcements inside the "Announcement Widget", which you can place anywhere on your site. By default, this widget appears at the top of the member homepage - this way, members see your announcements right when they sign in. Read below to find out how to create, manage, and place your announcements.
To manage, add, edit or delete your Announcements, in your Admin panel, navigate to Manage > Announcements.
In the “Manage Announcements” page, you’ll see a listing of your announcements. You can sort them by clicking the column titles: “ID”, “Title”, or “Date”.
Post an Announcement
Posting an an Announcement is easy. There are two ways to post an Announcement. When in your Admin panel, navigate to “Home” and click “Post an Announcement.
Follow steps 2 through 7 below to fill in and post the Announcement.
- The second method to post an Announcement is from the “Manage Announcements” page. Start by clicking the "Post New Announcement" link at the top of the page.
- If Networks are enabled, choose the Network(s) that will see this Announcement. You can leave this blank if you don't want it restricted to specific networks.
- If you want to have this show for specific member levels, choosing "And" will require a member to be in the Network(s) chosen (if any) in addition to the member level(s) selected. If a member doesn't pass all criteria, they won't see the announcement. Choosing "Or" will show the announcement to the Network(s) chosen (if any) or the member levels selected.
- Choose the Member Levels that will see this Announcement or leave it blank to show to all member levels.
- If you want to have this show for specific profile types, choosing "And" will require a member to be in the member level chosen (if any) in addition to the profile type selected. If a member doesn't pass all criteria, they won't see the announcement. Choosing "Or" will show the announcement to the member levels chosen (if any) or the profile types selected.
- Choose the Profile Type(s) that will see this Announcement.
- Enter a “Title” and body for your Announcement. For your convenience, the body of the Announcement uses a Rich Text Editor, allowing you to easily include HTML tags and images in your Announcement. Click the "Post Announcement" button to save your announcement.
From the main Announcements page, you can edit and delete your announcements individually by clicking the links on the right side of each row under the "Options" column.
Clicking on the "Edit" button will take you a page that looks similar to the page where you created your Announcement. (See “Post an Announcement” above)
Clicking on the "Delete" button will allow you to delete that particular Announcement.
You can choose to delete multiple Announcements at once by using the checkboxes on the left side of the table and the "Delete Selected" button at the bottom. Selecting the check box in the title bar will select all the check boxes under it. If you only want to delete certain Announcements, then just select the checkbox next to the Announcement(s) you want to delete.
By default, Announcements appear at the top of the member homepage.
You can add announcements to other areas through the Layout Editor. Simply open the page you want to add Announcements to, then drag-and-drop the Announcements widget from the list on the right to the part of the page you want them to be displayed.
There are two changes you can make by clicking the "edit" link next to the Announcements widget that you just placed on the page. First, you can change the heading of the widget. By default, it displays "Announcements" above the Announcements box. You can change the title to anything you want - leaving it blank will remove it completely. Second, you can change the number of Announcements displayed by entering a number into the "Count" field.
Nice work! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need further tutorials. Visit our community to have more interactions with us and other clients or third party developers. We’d love to see you there!