The Chat Plugin page allows you to manage all of the Chat Rooms in your community and determine the Global Settings and Member Level Settings for your community. It works as a Chat Room and/or as an Instant Messenger.
You can reach the Chat Plugin settings page in your Admin panel by navigating to Plugins > Chat.
Manage Chat Rooms
The “Manage Chat Rooms” tab shows all of the Chat rooms in your community and how many members are in each room.
Creating a Chat Room
You can create as many or as few Chat rooms at you want on the “Manage Chat Rooms” page.
- To create a Chat room, click on the "Create Room" button.
- A pop-up will open where you can type in a name for your new Chat Room in the "Title" field and click “Create Room” to create the room.
Renaming a Chat Room
If you would like to change the name of a Chat Room, you can do so by editing the Chat Room.
- Click on the "edit" link next to the Chat Room that you want to edit.
- A pop-up will open where you can change the title of your Chat Room. Enter the new name of the chat room in the "Title" field and click “Save Changes” when done.
Deleting a Chat Room
You can easily delete any Chat Room as you see fit.
- Click on the "delete" link next to the Chat Room that you would like to delete.
- A pop-up will show, asking if you want to delete the Chat Room. Click on "Delete Room".
These settings affect all of the members in your community. To get to this page, click on the "Global Settings" tab.
Determine the frequency, in milliseconds, that the chat application connects to your server to update with new data. This frequency will affect your server resources. Also, determine whether your members can instant message only their friends or everyone.
Member Level Settings
These settings are applied on a per Member Level Basis. To get to this page, click on the "Member Level Settings" tab.
Start by selecting the Member Level that you will edit.
Decide whether to enable or disable Chat Rooms and/or Instant Messaging (IM) for the selected Member Level.
Make sure you click to the “Save Changes” button, seen above, when done.
Nice work! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need further tutorials. Visit our community to have more interactions with us and other clients or third party developers. We’d love to see you there!